The CIM Porcupine Branch is a not‐for‐profit organization that actively engages the local community, strives for excellence, and aims to become the leading mining professional society in Timmins.
We have established a $100,000 endowment fund which generates three annual scholarships to the Haileybury School of Mines for first-year mining and instrumentation students.
Our executive has grown to almost three times it's original size, and our membership has grown to over two hundred industry professionals from the Timmins and surrounding area.
To foster networking, professional development and fraternity
To recognize excellence and greatness in the community
To facilitate the exchange of knowledge and technology
Timmins was founded in 1912; the community was a "by-product" of the Porcupine Gold Rush. Situated 680km north of Toronto, the camp attracted men and women eager to find their fortune and carve a name for themselves in "New Ontario". Starting in 1907, the area became home to dozens of prospectors who explored the areas around Porcupine Lake and the Frederick House River.
© Copyright CIM Porcupine Branch 2017